Conditions for performing activities
- An activity may be carried out by natural or legal entity with head office or branch office in the Republic of Croatia, registered at the competent authority for exploration and exploitation of mineral raw materials, as well as a mining economic operator as natural or legal entity established within the Member States of the European Union, registered for exploration and exploitation of mineral raw materials at the competent authority of a Member State of the European Union. For the purposes of permanent gas disposal means that legal entity or private or public person which exploits the underground facility or controls it or has been entrusted, in accordance with national legislation, to make economic decisions about the technical functioning of the underground facility.
- An activity may not be carried out by a natural person or legal entity with outstanding debts owed on the basis of public liabilities, based on unpaid fees for the exploration and/ or exploitation of mineral raw materials, on the basis of unpaid fees for the use of forests and / or forest land or agricultural land for the purpose of exploitation of mineral raw materials or the basis of unlawful exploration and / or exploitation of mineral raw materials and unfulfilled obligation in restoration and protection of nature and environment, or a natural person or legal entity whose founder or co-founder is a natural person or legal entity has outstanding debts owed on the basis of public liabilities, based on unpaid fees for the use of forests and / or forest land or agricultural land for the purpose of exploitation of mineral raw materials or on the basis of illegal exploration and / or exploitation of mineral raw materials and unfulfilled obligation in restoration and protection of nature and environment.
When natural person or legal entity submit a proposal for public tendering, in proposal must indicate and enclose:
- the name of mineral raw materials which is intended to be explored,
- location on the map, area and the name of the proposed exploration area,
- a programme of total exploration works by type and scope with the budget and a detailed plan of the works that are going to be carried out in the first year of exploration,
- the total amount of funds required to carry out the planned exploration works programme and means of insurance
- statement from judicial record i.e. the Trade registry from which it is apparent that the applicant is registered for exploration and exploitation of mineral raw materials,
- geological or other documentation about the possibility of presence of mineral raw materials or geological structures suitable for hydrocarbon storage and permanent storage of natural gas inside the proposed exploration area,
- an evidence that the proposed exploration area is listed for operations of mining works in the spatial planning documents,
- a map of the proposed exploration area with plots (parcels) labeled with catastrial and land designation and enclosed land registry entries for plots inside the coverage of proposed exploration area and/or official maritime navigational map of offshore
There are no fees for the submission of applications.
35.00 HRK (for issuing).
Recipient: State Budget of the Republic of Croatia
Call Number: 5002-Administrative Tax Code-OIB (personal identification number)
e-ACCESS to the activity service
- e-SERVICE single location for submitting your application and documentation for obtaining approval.
Information: You will receive a confirmation email of receipt of your request and a confirmation of the approval through email..
- Without the need to apply in person (saving at least half the time).
- No obligation for stamping (no longer a requirement for accessing the service market).
- No obligation for revenue markers (confirmation of online payment of a fee is accepted)
- The competent authority is obliged to issue an approval within 30 days (from date of duly submitted documentation, after the deadline for administration reply has expired).
- Once the approval is obtained, performance of this service activity can begin.
Let us know how long it took. Suggest any improvement to us. Do you need any support?
Contact us in one place.
Competent Authority and Regulations
Ministry of Environment and Energy
Directorate for Energy (Sector for Petroleum Engineering and Geothermal Water for Energy Purposes)
Ulica grada Vukovara 78, 10 000 Zagreb
Fax: +385 (0) 1 6106-022
Mining Law (OG 56/13 and 14/14)
The Law on Concessions (OG 69/17)
Approvals for performing activities
A single procedure for granting a concession for exploitation
The decision on selection of the most appropriate bidder for exploration for the purpose of permanent disposal of gases in order to grant concession for exploitation
The decision of approval for exploration for the purpose of permanent disposal of gases
The decision of determination of exploitation field
The decision of granting the concession for exploration for the purpose of permanent disposal of gases
Agreement on concession for exploration for the purpose permanent disposal of gases
Legal protection during procedure for granting a concession for exploitation is carried out under the provisions of the Mining Law and Law on Concessions.
All information comes from the regulations within the scope of the competent authority.