The first option – FREEDOM OF CROSS-BORDER PROVISION OF SERVICES
If you are established in another EU/EEA country, you are allowed the freedom to provide services on an occasional and temporary basis, without the obligation of establishment in Croatia, mandatory membership in professional body and without a prior check.
An online declaration is sent in the mentioned case to the Point of Single Contact or directly to the competent authority at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a photo or a scan of the following documents (signed, without a stamp):
- EU certificate or certificate of establishment in an EU/EEA Member State, for the profession for which the applicant is applying, stating that, at the time of application there is no, even temporary, ban on practicing of that profession
- proof of nationality
- proof of professional qualification
- proof of one-year professional experience during the last ten years if the profession is not regulated in the Member State of establishment.
These documents are submitted in originals or copies and a certified translation into Croatian, except for the proof of nationality, which is submitted in a plain copy and an uncertified translation.
During the annual renewal of the application for the provision of services on a temporary or occasional basis, the applicant is obliged to provide a statement on the frequency and number of days of providing the service in Croatia in the previous year.
Tourist guide services can be provided at or in protected sites (localities) only by tourist guides who have passed the special part of the certification exam for protected sites (localities).
The second option – FREEDOM TO ESTABLISH
- request for obtaining a decision on meeting the requirements for the provision of tourist guide services issued by the competent administrative body
- at least high school education
- passed the certification exam for a tourist guide
- knowledge of B2 level of the language in which the tourist guide services will be provided and knowledge of the Croatian to the extent sufficient for the provision of tourist guide services
Recognition of qualifications
The application for recognition of qualifications is submitted to email@example.com and the following documents are submitted according to the general system:
- a certificate of the country of establishment for practicing the profession stating that, at the time of application, there is no, even temporary, ban on practicing the profession for which the applicant has submitted the certificate
- proof of nationality
- proof of formal qualifications or other proof of completed formal education
- diploma supplement from which the educational program is visible (subjects, hours, exercises, lectures)
- proof of professional experience, if the applicant has pursued the profession for which he/she is applying, in case that profession, vocational training and advanced training for that profession are not regulated in the Member State of establishment
- Proof of competence, if the applicant has pursued the profession for which he/she is applying, in case that profession, vocational training and advanced training for that profession are not regulated in the Member State of establishment
firstname.lastname@example.org (for sending photographed or scanned documentation; with signature and without stamp)
Do you need any support? Contact us in one place.
Competent authority and regulations
Ministry of Tourism and Sports
Prisavlje 14, 10 000 Zagreb
+385 1 6169 243
Act on the Provision of Services in Tourism (OG 130/17, 25/19, 98/19, 42/20 and 70/21 – consolidated text)
Ordinance on the professional exam for tourist guides and the examination program for tourist escorts (OG 50/08, 120/08)
Ordinance on the recognition of foreign professional qualifications of a tourist guide and manager of a travel agency (OG 58/19, 28/20)
Decision on meeting the conditions for providing tourist guide services
Deadline: 30 days
Possibility to appeal within 15 days to the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, Prisavlje 14, 10 000 Zagreb or to email@example.com, without paying the administrative fee.
Last updated on 20 November 2021