The transboundary movement of waste subject to the procedure of prior written notification in accordance with Article 3 of the Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006 is approved by the Ministry through a written consent as provided for by the Act on Sustainable Waste Management.
Requirements for carrying out activities:
The notifier coming from an area outside the Republic of Croatia shall submit a request for consent through the competent authority of the country of dispatch, and the notifier from the Republic of Croatia shall submit the request to the Ministry, which shall forward it to competent authorities of the countries of transit and the country of destination in accordance with Article 4 of the Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006.
Pursuant to Article 2, item 15 of the Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006 the notifier is one of the persons or bodies listed below, selected in accordance with the ranking established in this listing:
- the original producer, or
- the licensed new producer who carries out operations prior to shipment, or
- a licensed collector who, from various small quantities of the same type of waste collected from a variety of sources, has assembled the shipment which is to start from a single notified location, or
- a registered dealer who has been authorised in writing by the original producer, new producer or licensed collector specified in i, ii and iii to act on his/her behalf as notifier,
- a registered broker who has been authorised in writing by the original producer, new producer or licensed collector specified in i, ii and iii to act on his/her behalf as notifier,
- where all of the persons specified in i, ii, iii, iv and v if applicable, are unknown or insolvent, the holder.
Pursuant to Article 124, paragraph 2 of the Act on Sustainable Waste Management, the request shall be accompanied by:
- notification document for transboundary movements/shipments of waste and the movement document referred to in Annexes IA and IB to the Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006, issued by the competent body of the country of dispatch and completed by the notifier;
- the contract concluded between the notifier and the consignee in accordance with Article 5 of the Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006;
- the contract concluded between the consignee and the person carrying out the waste recovery/disposal, when the consignee is not the person carrying out the recovery/disposal;
- an adequate insurance policy or a bank guarantee in accordance with Article 6 of the Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006 in the amount which ensures the coverage of shipments envisaged in accordance with item 1 of the present paragraph;
- an adequate insurance policy or a bank guarantee as insurance against liability for damage caused to third parties;
- a photocopy of the waste recovery or disposal permit of the person to recover or dispose of the waste;
- description of the technological process of waste recovery and/or disposal;
- transport routes including possible alternatives,
- a list of competent authorities involved in the transboundary movement of waste.
In case of the import of waste subject to the procedure of prior written notification the request shall be approved under the condition that:
- the requirements under Article 124, paragraph 2 of the Act on Sustainable Waste Management are met;
- the consignee is registered for the relevant trade activities;
- an analysis of the chemical composition of the waste is provided, when possible,
- the import of the planned quantity of waste does not exceed the capacity of the recovery facility.
In case of the transit of waste subject to the procedure of prior written notification the request shall be approved under the condition that:
- all requirements under Article 124, paragraph 2 of the Act on Sustainable Waste Management are met,
- the State of destination has provided a notification of the correctness of the request
In case of the export of waste subject to the procedure of prior written notification the request shall be approved under the condition that:
- the requirements under Article 124, paragraph 2 of the Act on Sustainable Waste Management are met,
- the notifier is registered for the relevant trade activities,
- the notifier holds the permit for the collection of the type of waste which it intends to export, if he/she is a waste collector,
- the original or a certified photocopy is attached of the valid contract for brokering services concluded with any waste producer and/or waste holder and/or waste owner whose waste he/she intends to export, when the notifier is a waste dealer or a waste broker,
- an excerpt from the Register of the Waste Generation and Stream is attached, when the notifier is the waste producer.
No Fee (for the application) + HRK 35 (for rejection of the application)
HRK 3.500 upon issuance of the import consent
HRK 1.400 upon issuance of the export consent
HRK 700 upon issuance of the transit consent
Account: IBAN HR1210010051863000160, SWIFT CODE: NBHRHR2X,
Reference number: 5002-47053-OIB (personal identification number of the legal person)
e-ACCESS to the activity service
- e-SERVICE single location for submitting your application and documentation for obtaining approval.
Information: You will receive a confirmation email of receipt of your request and a confirmation of the approval through email..
- Without the need to apply in person (saving at least half the time).
- No obligation for stamping (no longer a requirement for accessing the service market).
- No obligation for revenue markers (confirmation of online payment of a fee is accepted)
- The competent authority is obliged to issue an approval within 30 days (from date of duly submitted documentation, after the deadline for administration reply has expired).
- Once the approval is obtained, performance of this service activity can begin.
Let us know how long it took. Suggest any improvement to us. Do you need any support?
Contact us in one place.
Competent authority and regulations:
Ministry of Environment and Energy
Radnička cesta 80, 10000 Zagreb
Phone: +385 (0) 1 3717-111
Act on Sustainable Waste Management (OG 94/13, 73/17, 14/19)
Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council on shipments of waste (OJ L 190, 12.7.2006)
Authorization for performance of activities:
Consent for import / export / transit of waste subject to the notification procedure
Administrative decision on refusal / rejection / termination of the procedure
An appeal may not be lodged against the decision, however an administrative dispute may be instituted. The legal remedy is an integral part of every decision.
All information comes from the regulations within the scope of the competent authority.