FREEDOM TO ESTABLISH
If you are established in EU/EEA country, you as a physical or legal person have freedom to provide services on a permanent basis in Croatia, if you register an establishment in Croatia.
The request for approval for the maintenance of railway vehicles is submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org or postal address of the Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure, the Directorate for Railway Infrastructure and Transport together, and the following documentation is submitted, about possession of:
- registrations for performing activities in Croatia and the insurance police with an insurance company
- acts of organizational structure
- prescribed document management system
- prescribed system for monitoring the impact of maintenance on the safety and reliability of railway vehicles in traffic
- prescribed system of procurement of spare parts, materials and maintenance services
- prescribed technological procedures in accordance with the prescribed standards
- employees with appropriate professional qualifications
- necessary infrastructure and technical equipment
- necessary technical documentation for the maintenance of railway vehicles
- or available with appropriate measuring and testing equipment
- established prescribed quality management and assurance system
- specialized workshops that perform maintenance of devices and equipment of special importance for railway traffic safety or have contracted work with authorized specialized workshops outside the parent maintenance system.
For business registration and insurance
- The applicant must have documents from which it is evident that he is registered to perform maintenance of railway vehicles in accordance with special regulations which is proved by a trade certificate or certificate of entry in the trade register, or a decision on entry in the court register issued by competent authorities.
- The maintainer must be insured with the insurance company for the entire period of validity of the approval from liability for damage that could be caused to the client by performing the activity.
Competent authority and regulations
Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure
Prisavlje 14, 10 000 Zagreb
+385 1 3784 543
Railway Safety and Interoperability Act (Official Gazette 63/20) – art. 81..
Ordinance on the conditions to be met by legal and natural persons authorized to maintain railway vehicles (Official Gazette 99/11 i 122/12) – art. 1. – 36.
Approval for the maintenance of railway vehicles
Deadline: 30 days from the duly submitted request
No appeal is allowed against the approval, but an administrative dispute may be initiated before the competent administrative court within 30 days from the date of delivery of the decision.
Last updated on 13 December 2022