Requirements for carrying out activities of processing and repackaging caviar made of sturgeon species (Acipenseriformes spp.):
- For the purpose of processing and repackaging caviar made of sturgeon species (Acipenseriformes spp.) intended for export, re-export or trade in the territory of the European Union, the owner of the plant in the Republic of Croatia has to obtain an authorisation from the Ministry of Environment and Energy.
- The authorised person has to maintain and regularly update the record of:
- quantity of purchased or produced caviar for each sturgeon species
- origin of specimens
- country of origin of caviar
- country of export or re-export in cases when the specimens were acquired in third countries, or country of acquisition if the specimens were acquired in EU Member States
- caviar suppliers
- date of import or acquisition
- number and issuance date of import permit when the specimens were acquired in third countries
- repackaged caviar from each consignment, listing the number and net weight of the primary packages
- quantity of exported and re-exported caviar in the case of export and re-export to third countries or quantity of caviar sold in EU Member States
- quantity of produced caviar in case of own production
- quantity of stored caviar.
The authorised person has to submit an annual report to the Ministry of Environment and Energy at the latest by 31 January of the current year for the previous calendar year, and records have to be available for inspection to the competent authority at all times.
- The person authorised for processing and repackaging caviar has to mark caviar packages according to recommendations under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
The application for the authorisation shall contain:
- for the legal and natural person – craftsman or a person carrying out any other self-employment activity: the name and residence of the company, craft or self-employment activity, personal identification number (OIB), name and surname of the responsible person, phone number and e-mail address
- for the natural person: name and surname, address, personal identification number (OIB), phone number and e-mail address
- type of activity (e.g. import, export, re-export, processing, packing, repacking)
- anticipated annual quantity of caviar for each individual activity
- starting date of activity
- sturgeon species and caviar type
- country of origin of raw material.
Data listed under items 1 and 2 is confirmed by a copy of an extract from the court register for a legal person, a copy of an extract from the crafts register for a natural person craftsman, a copy of an extract from the relevant register for a person carrying out any other self-employment activity, a copy of the identity card.
HRK 35 (for the application), Account IBAN HR1210010051863000160,
MODEL HR64, reference number: 5002-47053-OIB (personal identification number of the legal person)
e-ACCESS to the activity service
- e-SERVICE single location for submitting your application and documentation for obtaining approval.
Information: You will receive a confirmation email of receipt of your request and a confirmation of the approval through email..
- Without the need to apply in person (saving at least half the time).
- No obligation for stamping (no longer a requirement for accessing the service market).
- No obligation for revenue markers (confirmation of online payment of a fee is accepted)
- The competent authority is obliged to issue an approval within 30 days (from date of duly submitted documentation, after the deadline for administration reply has expired).
- Once the approval is obtained, performance of this service activity can begin.
Let us know how long it took. Suggest any improvement to us. Do you need any support?
Contact us in one place.
Competent authority and regulations:
Ministry of Environment and Energy
Radnička cesta 80, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Act on Transboundary Movement and Trade in Wild Species (Official Gazette No. 94/13)
Commission Regulation (EC) No. 865/2006 of 4 May 2006 laying down detailed rules concerning the implementation of Council Regulation (EC) No. 338/97 on the protection of species of wild fauna and flora by regulating trade therein (OJ L 166, 19.6.2006, p. 1-69)
Authorisation for performance of activities:
The decision whereby authorization is granted to carry out the activities of processing and repackaging caviar of sturgeon species (Acipenseriformes spp.)
Against the decision appeal is not allowed, howewer an administrative dispute may be instituted., The legal remedy is an integral part of every decision.
General Administrative Procedure Act (OG 47/09)
Act on Administrative Disputes (OG 20/10, 143/12 i 152/14)
All information comes from the regulations within the scope of the competent authority.