Requirements for carrying out activities:
- A legal and natural person – craftsman – may, after obtaining the necessary permit, start carrying out waste collection activities through waste collection and emergency waste collection operations, and the activities of waste recovery, disposal or other types of treatment.
- The waste management permit shall specify the following:
- address of the facility in which a waste management operation will be carried out;
- the amount of waste as the maximum amount of a specific type of waste which may be treated per year and the type of waste according to waste codes from the Waste Catalogue,
- waste management operation including the related technological processes,
- requirements with respect to technological processes (technical and technological requirements for carrying out a technological process; safety and precautionary measures; the obligation to monitor emissions into the air, water, sea, soil and the public waste water discharge system; control operations),
- measures for the handling of waste which is generated or which remains upon completion of technological processes,
- the deadline by which the circumstances affecting the exercise of the rights conferred by the permit must be verified.
- the closure or after-care measures with respect to operations for which the permit has been issued.
- The waste management permit from the mining industry shall specify the following.
- operator of waste management facilities from the mining industry
- name of exploitation field
- type of waste and waste management process
- the application of the best available techniques, taking into account the technical and technological characteristics of the waste facilities of the mining industry, geographical location and environmental status
- classification of waste management facilities from the mining industry
- location of waste management facilities from the mining industry
- obligations of waste management facilities from the mining industry
- financial guarantee
the period by which the circumstances affecting the exercise the rights conferred by the permit must be verified
- An application for a permit or a permit modification shall be filed in writing and in a digital format using the prescribed form.
- The application for a permit that is the modification of permit has to contain information on the applicant, designation of the activity with all related processes for which the permit is applied for, the location of the facility in which waste management operations shall be carried out and information on the types and amounts of waste.
- The application for a permit, that is the modification of permit has to be accompanied by:
- an act permitting the use of the facility pursuant to the regulation governing construction,
- evidence of the disposal of the building in which the waste management process will be conducted
- the proof of appointment of the responsible person for waste management and proof of employment of that person with the applicant (employment contract or employment status information )
- a waste management study,
- proof of financial guarantee prescribed by Article 99 of the Act on Sustainable Waste Management
- The application for the issuance or amendment of the mobile device permit shall not be accompanied by an act for use of the building and proof of disposal of the building in which the waste management operation will be performed
The application for issuing or amending the waste management permit shall contain information on the applicant, an indication of the activity for which the permit is requested with associated procedures, the location of the construction of the waste management operations, and information on the types and quantities of waste.
- The competent authority shall procure ex officio:
- document from the Register of companies or Register of Crafts and Trades,
- A conviction that the applicant has not been punished by a sentence of a ban on performing his activity
- statement by the competent spatial planning authority on the fulfillment of the conditions referred to in Article 91, paragraph 1, item 6 of this Act, except for a mobile device.
- The application for a waste management permit from the mining industry shall include:
- information on the operator of the waste management plant from the mining industry,
- name of exploration area or exploitation field,
- type of waste and waste management process,
- proposal of locations of waste management facilities from the mining industry,
- waste management plan from the mining industry,
- decision on the acceptability of the intervention for the environment with environmental measures and an environmental monitoring program for the intervention for which a mandatory environmental impact assessment of the intervention is prescribed,
- a description of the application of the best available techniques, taking into account the technical and technological characteristics of the installation, its geographical location and the state of the environment,
- a plan for the prevention of major accidents,
- internal emergency plan,
- evidence of the establishment of a security management system
- financial guarantee
- the information prescribed by the Ordinance on waste management
- The competent authority shall obtain a waste management plan from the mining industry, ex officio
- An application for a waste management permit from the mining industry shall be accompanied by a permit for the exploration of mineral resources or a concession contract for the exploitation of mineral resources.
- The applicant shall appoint a person responsible for waste management and his deputy who shall perform the responsible person’s duties in his absence. A person may be appointed a responsible person or his deputy under the condition that:
- having three years of experience in waste management,
- having obtained a qualification in the field of natural sciences, biomedicine and health, biotechnical, technical or technological field,
- who did not perform the work of a responsible person in a legal person whose license was revoked during that time,
- who, in the three years preceding the day of applying for a permit, has not been convicted of the criminal offense prescribed by the Criminal Code with the head prescribing: criminal offenses against the environment, criminal offenses against general safety, criminal offenses against the economy or for violation of regulations governing environmental protection and management waste.
No Fee (for the application) + HRK 35 (for rejection of the application)
HRK 1.400,00 upon issuance of a favourable decision
Account: IBAN HR1210010051863000160,
Reference number: 5002-47053-OIB (personal identification number of the legal person)
e-ACCESS to the activity service
e-SERVICE single location for submitting your application and documentation for obtaining approval.
Information: You will receive a confirmation email of receipt of your request and a confirmation of the approval through email..
- Without the need to apply in person (saving at least half the time).
- No obligation for stamping (no longer a requirement for accessing the service market).
- No obligation for revenue markers (confirmation of online payment of a fee is accepted)
- The competent authority is obliged to issue an approval within 30 days (from date of duly submitted documentation, after the deadline for administration reply has expired).
- Once the approval is obtained, performance of this service activity can begin.
Let us know how long it took. Suggest any improvement to us. Do you need any support?
Contact us in one place.
Competent authority and regulations:
Ministry of Environment and Energy
Radnička cesta 80, 10000 Zagreb
Phone: +385 (0) 1 3717-111
Act on Sustainable Waste Management (OG 94/13, 73/17, 14/19)
Ordinance on waste management (OG 23/14, 51/14, 121/15 i 132/15)
Authorization for performance of activities:
Permit / Decision on permitting the performance of waste management activities
An appeal may not be lodged against the decision, however an administrative dispute may be instituted. The legal remedy is an integral part of every decision.
All information comes from the regulations within the scope of the competent authority.